Thursday, March 27, 2008

37th Week in Review

I am 38 weeks today and still pregnant. I am setting myself up to go to my due date and beyond so if I do I am not disappointed. At my check up yesterday I was told that I am not dilated, but my cervix has thinned out some. This is good but not what I had hoped for. The baby hasn't engaged or dropped. My midwife suggested that I walk up and down hills and stairs. So I have been hitting hills around our neighbourhood and our stairs. I really hope this does the trick. My 37th week was interesting to say the least. I celebrated Easter and my birthday. My fiancé and I went over to see my family and friends and of all the presents I got I must say the cat gave me the best presents. Not only did she give me one, but 2 presents!

When Eric and I got home and were unpacking we were in the nursery and he noticed a funny smell. I looked in the crib which the cat decided to make her litter box while we were away for 2 days. My first thought was this cat has some insight to be jealous of a baby that isn't even here yet, but it didn't seem right given she has never made her business outside of her litter box before. So when we looked at the closet where we keep her box, we realized that the door was closed so she didn't have access to her box. So this mess was essentially our fault. I didn't punish her or anything but I felt really mad at myself for neglecting to check this. I made sure that she had plenty of food and water but didn't check to make sure she had access to her box. I felt and still feel horrible as I am sure she was pretty upset. I don't know what made her choose the crib, but at least she kept it to one place. Eric and I also learned a life lesson that you need a waterproof mattress pad when you have a baby which we didn't have until after this incident. (And he said we wouldn’t need one) Needless to say all the bedding, mattress and crib got a cleaning I never thought it would see until the baby arrived.

No comments: