Friday, April 25, 2008

Where Have I been?

Not that many people stop by here... yet. Well I had a baby that’s right and in the 3 1/2 weeks since I had him I haven't had the energy or the time to write a post. Seeing that woke up this morning around 630-7 bright eyed and bushy tailed and is content in his bouncy seat and there not a chance of me going to sleep it's the perfect time to write a post.

There are so many things I want to write about parenthood and various topics. I don’t' know where to begin. Being a parent is not what I thought it would be. I do not love this new born stage I thought I would but I don't. I can't wait until my son gets older and can do more. I am sleep deprived, I am milk machine, and diaper changer. My fiancé has been wonderful around the house and doing what he can feeding us, doing housework, and watching the baby when he can. My son doesn't have a pseudo name on here yet. I love him, I do. But my time is no longer my own and that's something that I have to get over. I find it hard to sleep at night as he breathes loud. I miss having my fiancé in the same room as us he is currently sleeping in the guest room. Feedings usually last an hour as I can't just lay him down when he is done. He needs to pass out on me for a good 10 minutes otherwise he will wake up the moment I put him in his bassinet. I am lucky he sleeps in his bassinet. This weekend I want my fiancé to mount the blind in his room so I can start napping him in there. We did have one from Ikea but it has a long cord which = potential strangulation at a later age. Best not to have that to deal with when he is mobile.

So he came early by 9 days. He was born on April fools day. This kid clearly wanted a birthday all of his own. My water broke at 1pm on March 30th and I never went into labor on my own so I was induced with pictocin. He was born vaginally with the help of morphine, and epidural and gas 42.5 hours after my water broke. he was 6 lbs 9 oz. I don't know how long he weighed which saddens me as the midwife didn't measure him correctly. When I took him to the doctor at 2 weeks he was 19 and 7/8 inches. I also don't have a family photo of me, the baby at birth and my fiancé which saddens me. No body was there for my L and D except my fiancé and the hospital staff. My own mother wouldn’t come which I don't think I am going to be able to forgive. My sister wanted to but she lives pretty far about 4 hours plus a ferry ride and her van was in the shop and 3 kids... But if I had wanted her to she woulda been there in a heartbeat. I will give the play by play of my L and D later. I think now that I have written a post I may have opened up the flood gates. I have many issues I want to write about when my little man permits it that is. I am all for sharing with strangers. I feel that other blogs I read really allow me to get to know the reader and I feel a kinship or something like that with other bloggers. I should probably go eat before he needs to.

No comments: