Friday, March 14, 2008

A little intro to Me

I have moved over here from wordpress as I find Blogger to be more user- friendly and I want to maintain an anonymous blog where I can write/vent about my life. Here is a little about me:

I am in my mid 20's and my fiancĂ© Eric and I are expecting our 1st child in about a month. He is in the navy and so I guess I can be classified as a "navy wife" however; I do not like the stigma attached to that. I have always worked and like to think I am able support myself and be a contributing member to our household; until my employer laid me off when I was 6 months pregnant. (Which I am still bitter about, and I may write about it sometime.) I originally started blogging as way to express my views and to occupy my time as I moved in with Eric a year ago and I was/still am 3 hours away from any family or friends and didn’t know any body and year later I still don’t really know many people. As the one good friend I had moved, and when I want to socialize I generally make the trek to my hometown; which doesn’t really help my case. 3 hours isn't all that far but throw in an Island and I feel trapped at times given that between the hours of 9pm-7am there is know way off this island unless I want to fly which is costly and not a viable option.

This isn’t intended as a mommy blog; I have more to write about than that. But given that I am about to have my 1st baby you’ll be hearing a lot about that. I hope I can entertain any readers that I stumble across this and my wry attempt at humor.

No comments: