Wednesday, December 31, 2008
My Christmas was okay it just didn't feel like Christmas. It was a great first Christmas for Aaron my dad flew up as well and both his Grandpa's and Grandma were there, but it seemed to be more focused on the gifts and not family or the Birth of Christ. I am done travelling for Christmas for the next few years unless it's to Vancouver. Another part of it is that my MIL drives me nuts and I swear to god she hates me. I want to like her, but she is either hot or cold but I will post about her another day. It was good in that I got to see my best friend who is living in Calgary and I go to reconnect with an old high school friend who is living there that I didn't know of. Thank-you Facebook! So all in all my Christmas was good, it just didn't FEEL like Christmas.
Now it is New Years Eve and I have straightened my hair, shaved, a cute outfit to wear and a place to go with Aaron where we can spend the night and I can have a few drinks and my stomach is doing crazy things! And I'm not sure if venturing out of the house is the wisest idea. I'm not sure if I have a flu bug or if it's my damn IBS. Eric had a 24 flu bug the other night but I thought Aaron and I were safe as we have both had out flu shots. It feels like IBS I haven't had an issue with it for a long time. Before I was pregnant I think. And I break all the rules and eat and drink things I am not suppose to. I drink alcohol, coffee and carbonated beverages (not that often.) I eat red meats, raw fruit and veggies, dairy and whatever else your not suppose to eat when you have IBS.
Well I'm pumping myself full of Imodium and hoping that it works so I can enjoy tonights festivities. If not, I'll be staying in. Which is a far cry from my New Years Eve 10 years ago. At this time I was well on my way to be drunk with my friends and did not have a clue what the night held in store for me. Which to date is still my funnest New Years yet. Well I am going to go. Happy New Years to you all and my 2009 be your year!
PS - I have a new blog, this one was random one I came up with when I was preggers and this one has more flava.
Monday, December 22, 2008
In other news my ribs still hurt a lot. When I lay certain ways or pick Aaron up it hurts. I think I aggravated it when I carried him on my hip for an extended period of time and when I shoveled the stairs. Stupid, stupid stupid. Aaron is fighting a cold or is teething. Poor little guy is so congested I wish I could do something for him other than use a vaporizer and taking him into the steaming bathroom. Despite being a little whiny Aaron is pretty happy for the most part. I'm sure it isn't anything some extra fluids ans sleep won't fix. He sure is vocal. He keeps saying "Da da, da, da..." over and over but I don't think he has made the association with Daddy. Now we can work on Ma Ma... Well I must be off and finish the last little minute details of packing. Merry Christmas and all!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I am now begining to regret the 30 lb Graco Safe Seat, he is only 20 lbs and no where near being out of it, Not only is a it a bitch to carry, but I can hardly manage to get him in it with his snow suit on. The temperature has been below 0 celius which is rare around here. It's been about -8 C with the wind chill which is nothing. It's just getting us prepared for the -20 to -30's which we will be experiencing when we go to Calgary for Christmas.
Well I must be off. Aaron and I are heading out the a Le Lache Legue meeting and I don't want to be rushed and will be using the front door as I managed to knock the side door out of the door jam and it has issues closing. (I blame this on our land lady's shady handyman who left fresh cracks when he grouted the bathroom tile not 6 weeks ago.)
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Now that my driving is over it's time to have some fun!
Friday, December 12, 2008
I didn't intend to do anything on my Friday night but due to my neighbours party and a bunch of rowdy kids I packed Aaron up and headed out at 8pm to keep my sanity. Our house isn't the sturdiest of houses (were in another duplex) and I often hear my neighbours kids not that I mind I just wasn't in the mood for it tonight. So Aaron and I went to the mall and finished up Daddy's Christmas shopping. Then we headed to Save-On Foods and did a little grocery shopping. I am in the mood for a Greek salad and fiance will not eat this so I have been putting off buying the ingredients... but I am in the mood to be healthy and to tone up and eating healthy helps. I'm going to Las Vegas at the end of March with 2 of my very good friends and I want to look smoking hot which is going require a lot of time at the gym.
I'm also going to attempt to make this Pineapple Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe tomorrow and needed to buy the ingredients. My sister was to email me her recipe which is just delicious but kids and life got in the way so I am going to wing it and take it to a Christmas party tomorrow and test in on drunk people. If all goes well I will make it on Christmas.
My glass of white wine is dwindling which means I should be going to bed. I did get my hair cut and colored today. I went from blond highlights to a deep chocolate brown. I have issues with when I got my hair colored shortly before Aaron's birth to which you can see roots in his birth photo which had been fixed by the hair stylist not half a week before. (I had wanted a fresh hair style before the birth of my child) Who leaves a salon with half an inch of roots? Anyways they can be seen in this photo and you can see Aaron after his entrance into this world.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
- We moved! Yay for moving. We moved out of military housing and into a nicer area of town. Our old neighbours were such jerks we (read I) couldn't take it. This was a very stressful time for us. But were setting in nicely. The only thing that sucks is that most of our friends live on the other side of town. Another downer: the friggin neighbours moved the day before us!!! And we had no idea. They got posted on the other side of the country and our new neighbours would've been a young childless couple who seemed nice!
- Aaron is 8 months old, almost 8 1/2 months. Where has my baby gone?? He's crawling and starting to pull himself up on things.
- We're still breast feeding and he hates drinking formula from a bottle or sippy cup for that matter. He will drink water from a sippy cup. I limit juice very much sometimes he gets a sip or 2 from my glass. I want to partially wean him but I don't see it happening. He's eating 2 meals a day. I just wish he would take a bottle or 2. I don't blame him for not wanting formula it tastes so gross. Why does formula taste so gross???? A friend suggested I try soy formula as it tastes sweeter? Maybe I should try Enfamil? Does anyone have any suggestions?
- For Christmas were flying up to Calgary for a week to the in-laws. My dad is flying up too so Aaron while have 1.5 sets of grandparents there.
- As for me I am doing better an seem to have gotten out of my deep emotional hole with help of a little pill called Zoloft. I ended up seeing a PPD (Post Partum Depression) psychiatrist who put me on it and I feel like my old self and have been discharged from her services but she wants me to remain on the anti-depressants for a year.
- I am not sure what to do with our cat for Christmas she cant just be looked in on everyday by a friend she needs constant attention so I think we'll be taking her with us to the in-laws. Thanks to the wonderful folks over at West Jet we can take her as carry on in her kitty carrier. (I do plan on getting some special kitty treats at the vet for her aka kitty sedatives)
- I can't wait to put my tree up! I just don't know what to do to keep the baby from away from it? Any suggestions?
Well readers (if I have any) I am going to go now and see what Aaron has gotten himself into and hopefully have him in bed before Grey's Anatomy starts. For now I will leave you with this:
Scroll up as I can't seem to get the picture down here do to technical issues.